Tribal Pattern Upcycled Shorts
Nautical Stripe Upcycled Shorts
1. Cut legs leaving a 2 inch inseam. You can always cuff them or cut them more.
2. Dip the bottom in a mixture of 3 parts water, 1 part bleach. I left these for a few hours bc I wanted the ends very light.
3. Add various cuts and abrasions wherever you want them. I like to use a serrated edge knife and a small wire brush.
4. Wash and dry the shorts to remove the bleach and fray the hem.
5. Draw a pattern on the pocket, I just chose random shapes to make a tribal pattern.
6. Stitch the pattern with colored embroidery floss.
2. Add round antique gold studs to the pocket.
3. Add 3 stripes across the front with duct tape.
4. Spray diluted bleach onto the front of the shorts.
5. Keep flat during lightening. Some bleach may pool and drip which is fine and creates a cool variation of color.
6. Remove tape, wash and dry.
7. Distress shorts where the fabric is lightest, it will be easy to fray.